園田裕明、ランキングに参加してます!皆様の「イイネ!」の1クリックをお待ちしております!!

2015年11月12日木曜日

【English】"Because it's 2015"

So from now on, I would like to keep this blog in English.

Why?

「Because it's 2015」

Very simple. That is the quotation from new Canada prime minister, spoken out when he was asked about necessity of gender equality in his cabinet.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/04/canada-cabinet-gender-diversity-justin-trudeau


In the second last blog, I wrote on Huye tourism like how to brand Huye city (my work place) with using famous coffee to prepare for a coming-up event "African Nations Championship".


Honestly speaking, most of my proposals were approved by Huye district mayor!!!
The right guy is Huye mayor. Two on the left are officers, working with me.

As always, my counterpart didn't come on time even for meeting with mayor. I was somehow used to this kinda situation though, the mayor looked at him suspiciously due to his coming late.


My request consisted of 9 parts.
1. Change the entrance billboard
2. Make an information center
3. Make tour guide brochures 
4. Make coffee brochures
5. Tourism website
6. Trainings for hotels and restaurants
7. Make coffee tour experience
8. Make story boards of each coffee companies to put at each serve points
9. Create coffee gifts

These activities costs are 500,000rwf. That's equivalent to $700.

The profits we would gain are approximately 4,000,000rwf, which equals to $5,000.



It is apparently better off for sure.



So eventually, almost all of those above were accepted and I could go forward to activate. Except for 1.proposal. I couldn't convince to replace the one, but the mayor promised me to utilize digital scream in the main town.
  



Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!
My strategies have got started with mayor's approval and also with some budgets.


But!!!!
We can't go with the flow in Africa. At anytime, things can change. So I have to try to sustain this good condition with high motivation of all and focus only on proceeding. Never take it easy.


Now, therefore, I'm making a prototype coffee gift with one women cooperative to distribute to the market.

Actually they can't access easily to the market because of long distance from city to home. So now I am being a bridge to link them with consumers to have constant income as cash.

They are very talented as well as others.

In fact, we discussed new products and after 20 mins, she created one new gift with traditional clothes. 


This is how I work in the city called Huye in Rwanda, one of the smallest countries in Africa. 

Thank you for your patient reading.
As you see below, Huye is such a beautiful coffee city.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿